REACH: DEHP, DBP, DIBP and BBP phthalates are limited in articles from 7 July 2020
DEHP, DBP, DIBP and BBP phthalates are limited in articles as of July 7, 2020.
Conditions of restrictions:
1-They cannot be used as substances or in mixtures, individually or in any combination of phthalates in a concentration equal to or greater than 0.1% by weight of the plasticized material, in toys and articles for children.
2-They cannot be placed on the market in toys or childcare articles, individually or in any combination of the first three phthalates, in a concentration equal to or greater than 0.1% by weight of the plasticized material.
3-They will not be placed on the market after 7 July 2020 in articles, individually or in any combination of phthalates, in a concentration equal to or greater than 0.1% by weight of the plasticized material in the article.
4-Point 3 does not apply:
- articles exclusively for industrial or agricultural use or exclusively for outdoor use provided that no plasticized material comes into contact with human mucous membranes or in prolonged contact with human skin;
- aircraft, placed on the market before January 7, 2024, or items, whenever placed on the market, intended exclusively for the maintenance or repair of such aircraft, where such items are essential for the safety and airworthiness of the aircraft;
- motor vehicles that fall within the scope of Directive 2007/46 / EC, placed on the market before January 7, 2024, or items, whenever they are placed on the market, for exclusive use in the maintenance or repair of those vehicles, where vehicles cannot function as expected without those items;
- items placed on the market before July 7, 2020;
- measuring devices for laboratory use or parts thereof;
- materials and articles intended to come into contact with food
- medical devices
- electrical and electronic equipment
- packaging of medicines
- toys and baby items
5-By plastic we mean:
- polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polyvinylidene chloride (PVDC), polyvinyl acetate (PVA), polyurethanes,
- any other polymers (including, inter alia, polymer foams and rubber material) except silicone rubber and natural latex coatings,
- surface coatings, non-slip coatings, finishes, decals, printed designs,
- adhesives, sealants, paints and inks.
"Prolonged contact with human skin" means continuous contact of more than 10 minutes or intermittent contact for a period of 30 minutes per day.
By article for children we mean any product intended to facilitate sleep, relaxation, hygiene, feeding children.
6-By aircraft we mean:
- a civil aircraft
- a military plane.
For more information, visit the ECHA website
23 September 2020
REACH: REGULATION (EU) 2020/1149 amending Annex XVII of REACH
Regulation (EU) N ° 2020/1149 has been published which amends Annex XVII of Regulation (EC) N ° 1907/2006 (REACH).
The update concerns a ban on placing on the market for diisocyanates unless certain...
16 September 2020
CLP: 15° ATP
The 15° ATP Regulation 2020/1182 has been published, amending Annex VI of the CLP Regulation.
Annex VI of the CLP Regulation contains a list of substances subject to harmonized classification, this list...
20 August 2020
ECHA: Proposal for an update of the harmonized classification of ethanol
Greece has proposed a new harmonized classification for ethanol CAS 64-17-5.
The proposed classification is as follows:
Flam. Liq. 2, H225 Eye Irrit. 2, H319 Repr. 2, H361d Lact., H362 STOT SE 3, H336...